- Submit papers for publication to the main editor, preferably
by e-mail in Microsoft Word or “Portable Document Format” (PDF) to
email@example.com, or by ordinary mail
(four copies) to the following address: Professor José Fernando
Oliveira, Departamento de Engenharia Electrotécnica e de Computadores,
Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Rua Dr. Roberto
Frias, 4200-465 PORTO, Portugal.
- Language. Papers must be in written in
Portuguese, English or Spanish.
- Manuscripts should be typewritten or typeset. Number
the pages consecutively.
- The first page of the manuscript written in English
should contain the following information: (a) Title; (b) names, e-mails
and institutional affiliations of the authors; (c) an abstract; (d)
keywords (f) identification of the corresponding author.
- Acknowledgements, including support information, should
be placed prior to the references section.
- Footnotes should be avoided.
- Formulas that are referred to should be numbered
consecutively throughout the manuscript as (1), (2), etc. on the right.
- Figures, including graphs and diagrams, should
be numbered consecutively in Arabic numbers.
- Tables should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numbers.
- References. Cite only the most relevant references
and list only those cited in the text. Indicate citations in the text by
bracketed numbers, e.g., . At the end of the paper list the references
alphabetically by the surname of the first author and number them
consecutively, according to the following formats:
Articles: author(s), title, name and number of the journal (or book, but
in this case include the editors names), year, pages.
Books: Author(s), title, publisher, year.
- Livros: Autor(es), título, editor, ano.
- Accepted papers are to be sent by the author to the
editor, preferably in the form of a source file in LaTeX and EPS files
for the figures together with a PDF or postscript file. Alternatively,
source files in Word are also accepted. To ensure good publishing
quality the figures should be in vector formats; raster formats like
JPG, BMP, GIF, etc. should be avoided.
- Page proofs will be e-mailed as a PDF file to the
corresponding author. Correct proofs carefully, and restrict corrections
to points at which the proof is at variance with the manuscript.
Deviations from the version accepted by the editor are only possible
with the prior and explicit approval of the editor. Thirty offprints of
each paper are supplied free of charge to the corresponding author.