Scope and policy
• Da Investigação às Práticas: Estudos de Natureza Educacional publishes original research articles of in Educational Sciences, including an annual free submission number and a thematic issue. The thematic issue aims to give expression to debate in relevant issues, focusing a particular field.
• INVEP is an educational journal that accepts articles on: formal and non-formal educational contexts, educational actors, teaching and learning processes, models and child development processes, organization of education systems, policies, values and practices.
• INVEP publishes scientific articles, research projects and book reviews. Papers submitted can be of a theoretical, methodological, empirical or historical nature and may relate to any area of education.
• The Publishing Board reserves the right to a first review which may lead to an immediate rejection if the paper does not meet the standards of submission or has obvious shortcomings (eg, serious inaccuracies in the writing of the manuscript, lack of structure and content for a scientific article ...). The evaluation of the articles is performed by double blind peer review by two expert reviewers in the article area of the Editorial Advisory Board or ad hoc reviewers selected for this purpose, always being external to the institution(s) of the author(s). In case of disagreement, the Publishing Board takes the final decision, and a third opinion is requested whenever necessary.
• INVEP target audience are researchers, teachers, educators, and other professionals of education as well as students of graduate and post-graduate courses in education, and all those interested in the development of educational knowledge and innovation.
• All authors who submit their articles for publication in INVEP commit themselves not to submit them to other journals. If the articles are not published within one year and a half, the authors are free to submit them to other publications, giving prior notice to the INVEP direction. The articles evaluated positively may not be published in the immediate issue after the date of acceptance, depending on INVEP’s editorial policy and of the volume of articles accepted by the evaluators.
• Authors give INVEP indexing rights for the published articles in international networks.
• INVEP allows authors to archive, in institutional repositories, their texts published in the journal.
• The content of the articles is of the sole responsibility of the authors.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
• Manuscripts should be sent in electronic form (Word format) by accessing the platform at the following address: http://ojs.eselx.ipl.pt/index.php/invep/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions.
• Articles should contain full information on the affiliation of all authors, including the name of the home institution at three levels (eg University/Polytechnic Institute, Faculty/School and Department/Centre), postal code, city, country and email contact. For the corresponding author should be added the respective full address.
• Articles should have a maximum of 25 pages, including charts, tables, pictures and references. Footnotes should be numbered sequentially and inserted into the page to which they relate. Formatting: Source: Gill Sans MT 8.5, Normal; multiple spacing in 1:15, 10 pto after paragraph justified. Margins: Superior 6.5 cm; bottom 4.5 cm; left 5 cm; Right: 4.5 cm; Header and Footer: 1.25 cm. Citations in the text should be presented in Gill Sans MT 8.5, normal, multiple spacing in 1:15, 10pto after paragraph, advancing 1.25 left justified. It should be used a template available in http://www.eselx.ipl.pt/sites/default/files/media/2014/template_revista_cied.doca>.
• The standards
of bibliographic reference are those of the American Psychological Association
(APA). Bibliographic references must be inserted in the text, according
to the same standards.
a) Article published in scientific journals: Ball, D. L. (1990). Prospective elementary and secondary teachers’ understanding of division. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 21(2), 132-144.
b) Book of a single author: Jonassen, D. (2007). Computadores, Ferramentas Cognitivas: Desenvolver o pensamento crítico nas escolas. Porto: Porto Editora
c) Book of more than one author : Pereira, S., Rodrigues, M., Pires, C., & Almeida, A. (Orgs.) (2013). Atas do I Encontro de Mestrados em Educação da Escola Superior de Educação de Lisboa. Lisboa: Centro Interdisciplinar de Estudos Educacionais.
d) Book chapter: Sugrue, C. (2010). Profissionalismo e Performatividade : A experiência dos professores irlandeses no tango entre a política e a prática. In A. M. Flores (Ed.), A avaliação de Professores numa perspectiva internacional - sentidos e implicações (pp.164-195). Porto: Areal Editores.
consulted in electronic source: Costa, J., Cabral, A. C., Santiago, A.
& Viegas, F. (2011). Conhecimento explícito da língua. Guião de implementação
do programa. Accessed on http://area.dgidc.min-edu.pt/download/CELInternet.html
• Articles submitted to INVEP must be original, unpublished and not released for publication elsewhere. It is considered and it is accepted as an original article a work that has originated in a master's thesis or doctoral dissertation, if properly referenced.
• Scientific articles of empirical nature consist of the following sections: Introduction; Theoretical framework; Methodology; Results and respective discussion; Conclusion (or Final Considerations); and References.
• Scientific articles of theoretical, methodological or historical nature are formed by the following Sections: Introduction; Theoretical Development / Methodology / History; Conclusion (or Final Considerations); and References.
• Articles should contain, in the beginning, abstracts in Portuguese, English (Abstract) and French (Résumé). Abstracts should not exceed 1500 characters with spaces. With the abstracts should also be given 3-5 keywords in the respective languages (lowercase and separated by commas). The abstract should state the general theme, the problem, the objectives, the methodology and the major findings.
• Figures and graphics should be numbered and subtitled in Gill Sans MT 7.5, normal, centered. The tables should be numbered and titled in Gill Sans MT 7.5, normal, centered.
if any, should be brief and appear immediately before the references.
INVEP publishes articles presenting research projects, review articles (systematic or others), and book reviews.
• Articles presenting research projects should not exceed 2500 words.
• Review articles (systematic or others) are formed by the following sections: Introduction; Methods; Results; Discussion; Conclusion; References. They follow the same standards of scientific articles.
• The book reviews may refer to books published in the last twenty-four months. Texts should not exceed 2500 words and consist of the following sections:
a) Bibliographical reference (identification at the entrance, 1) the title of the book, 2) the author, 3), publishing city, 4) publisher, 5) year of publication; in the case of a translation, it must also include the translator's name);
b) Summary of the work (including organization and structure); contextualization in the global route of the author and brief framework of the state of the art on the subject;
c) Critical evaluation (stressing the contribution or criticizing its absence, open questions, lines for future research, etc.)
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
2016 Centro Interdisciplinar de Estudos Educacionais
Campus de Benfica do IPL
Tel.: +351 21 711 55 00 ext. 400
Fax: +351 21 716 61 47