The technical and scientific rigor of each submitted article is controlled through a process of double blind referee by two members of the Scientific Board, who have recognized competence in the disciplinary area of the article. Each reviewer is expected to make a refereeing report with one of the following recommendations:
a) Positive without changes. The paper is ready for publication.
a) Both reports are positive without changes;
Form and preparation of manuscripts
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
1. Papers may be written in one of the following languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish.
2. Papers should not exceed 15 pages (Microsoft Word format, font Times New Roman 12, single spacing) including bibliography, figures and annexes. The Editorial Board can, however, accept longer papers if they are of special interest for the Journal.
3. Each paper must include an abstract of up to 200 words and 5 keywords in its original language and in a second language. English is compulsory for the abstract and keywords. The abstract should include the objectives, methodology and conclusions of the paper.
4. Each paper must include its title in English if this is not its original language.
5. Each paper should have its own internal structure, preferably with introduction, methodology, discussion and conclusion, as well as a bibliography or bibliographic references. Words or expressions to be printed in italics or other graphic forms must be clearly indicated.
6. Additionally the author (or authors) should send a short curriculum vitae (maximum of five lines) including: name, address, e-mail, telephone number, academic degree, professional status, department and university.
7. The authors will receive two copies of the issue after publication.
8. Hyphenation should not be inserted manually.
9. Tables, graphs and figures must be included in the text as well as delivered separately in the program format in which they were created.
10. Citations should be made according to the American author-date system: (e.g. Jakobson, 1995: 25).
11. The bibliography must be presented in alphabetical
order in the following style:
12. Any notes should be presented at the end of the paper.
13. The papers are of sole responsibility of their authors.
14. To facilitate the journal's double-blind peer review process, authors should make efforts to ensure that information about the authors' identities do not appear anywhere in the manuscript. If an author is cited, "Author" and year should be used in the bibliography and endnotes instead of the author's name, paper title, etc. The authors’ names should also be removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found under the File menu.
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
All the submitted papers must be original
and free of plagiarism and cannot have been published previously nor can
be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Papers presented
in congresses, seminars or conferences can also be submitted if they have
not been published before.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
© 2010 Universidade do Algarve
Escola Superior de Gestão, Hotelaria e Turismo
8005-139 Faro– Portugal